Wood is looking for a Project Engineering Manager to join our Downstream and Chemicals office in Edmonton. The position is is built on seller-doer model. The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for:
- Supporting the opportunities in the related sector, building relationships and liaising with potential clients, prequalification presentations, active participation in proposal preparation, submission and award discussions
- Engineering responsibility for the delivery of projects in terms of technical conformance, quality, ensuring compliance with company procedures
- Ensuring the project is properly resourced, provides direction and mentorship to project staff, assigns work, supervises activities and coordinates across project interfaces, and is responsible for the daily activities of all aspects of the engineering management. The Project Engineering Manager must have effective lines of communication and maintain a good working relationship with Clients
- Support proposal strategy development, preparation, clarification and award negotiations
- Ensure overall Project Scope of Services and Scope of Work is performed and project objectives are developed and met
- Develop and implement the Project Engineering Execution Strategy, Information and Staffing Plan
- Authorize all project work plans, strategies, methodologies and schedules
- Approve and control Project Design Basis, Principal Design Documents, test work, investigations, surveys, analysis and technical studies
- Develop and maintain project coordination processes including Organization Structure, Approval Matrix, Limits of Authority, Communications Interface Matrix, Function List, Key Stakeholder Contact List, Information Needs List and Project Review Action Log
- Support project-specific change and risk management systems
- Ensure project requirements for permits, licenses, and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date
- Ensure an appropriate engineering review process is implemented for the project including internal and Client project reviews, risk reviews, constructibility and independent peer reviews
- Ensure effective validation and close-out of project including archiving of all relevant data and documentation
- Facilitates and establishes the means of coordination of engineering work between disciplines and between the engineering team and other project functions
- Provide leadership and counsel to discipline leads
- Interface with other offices as required
- Responsible for implementation of Wood and project specific standards
- Coordination with High Value Engineering centers
- Undertake geotechnical investigations
- Project management of assignments that may include the conducting and coordinating of a wide variety of geotechnical investigations, their design that may include routing studies, stability assessments, heavy industrial foundations, dams, mining, tunneling or geo-environmental projects
- Maintain and develop client relationships
Wood is currently looking to add an Early Works Quality Coordinator to our Downstream & Chemicals team in Calgary to provide Quality leadership and awareness promotion at our construction site and to liaison between Quality and site team (Construction, Systems Completions and HSSE).
- Implement Project Quality Plan (PQP) and Quality Surveillance Report program (QSR) at CUB & Infrastructure Site
- Ensure adequate construction QC process establishment and implementation at Site
- Ensure Contractor meets construction site Quality related deliverables per contract requirements including: Quality plans / procedures, inspector staffing, Clean Build and Preservation Programs
- Schedule and coordinate PT inspection activities including correlation / review of daily reports
- Monitor Contractor's construction QC processes and procedures execution per CSP requirements
- Evaluate and monitor implementation of Contractor's site quality management systems
- Approve Contractor's Quality organization and monitor performance of key Quality staff
- Review and comment on Contractor's Site Quality Plan
- Lead PT review of Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs); involve appropriate PT disciplines and ensure PT engagement is commensurate with Quality risks
- Participate in review of any proposed sub-contractors not on approved bidders list
- Monitor and audit implementation of Contractor's Quality Program
- Review and monitor execution of Contractor's site quality audit schedule and program Ensure Contractor is performing quality reporting per the contract
- Ensure Contractor's systems / procedures progressively build and effectively manage Quality records to support efficient Mechanical Completions
- Develop and coordinate Site Audit Schedule and lead site audits
- Report and investigate site quality issues to the Project Team and support resolution
- Provide site Quality training and assimilation for site inspection personnel
- Lead selection of Inspection Advisors and Discipline Inspectors
- Collect, evaluate and report quality metrics and status to line management and Quality Manager
- Review and assist in development of Quality portion of site close-out reports as necessary
- Capture, document and disseminate Progressive Learnings/Lessons Learned and Quality Alerts
Wood is currently looking for an SQS Coordinator to join our Downstream & Chemicals office in Calgary.
- Coordinate, monitor, guide and perform day to day functions to apply company Quality Management System to project activities
- Act as a liaison with client counterparts on all matters related to quality activities for assigned projects
- Prepare inspection assignments and manage all aspects of inspection activities of PO/contract packages (may be discipline specific)
- May visit vendor shops to verify; through monitoring, observation, document review and selective hands-on inspection; that supplier furnished material and equipment conforms to the technical and quality requirements of the procurement documents
- Function as on-site lead inspector on more complex projects where more than one inspector has been assigned
- Monitor supplier personnel activities including the witnessing of operations, inspections, examinations or tests to verify purchase order document requirements have been met
- Review supplier generated quality verification documentation to verify conformance to procurement document
- Review inspection reports, identify any problems and keep Buyer, Engineer and PQE informed. Review material certificates and test results and keep specialist and PQE informed of any deviation. Process NCR with Engineering and PQE, and maintain records of such. Review the Inspection Release Notes and associated punch lists. Participate in Vendor Performance evaluation of Suppliers on request. Review and approve Vendor Data Books for QC matters
- Liaise with Expediter to ensure inspections are scheduled. Ensure that Expediters have dispatched to the Inspectors the appropriate documents to perform their duties and define their scope of work at assignment level
- Rejects material and/or components found nonconforming and collaborates with the supplier and project supplier quality personnel to identify a course of action to achieve satisfactory disposition of disclosed non-conformances. Releases conforming material for shipment and notifies other functional organizations to assist in coordination of their activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Wood currently has an opening with our Downstream & Chemicals office in Calgary for a Technical Proposal Manager. Reporting to Director, Strategy and Development, the Technical Proposal Manager is responsible for:
- Works hand in hand with the Proposal Manager and the proposal team to ensure that technical input to proposals is complete, compliant, and of highest quality.
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring completion of all technical elements of proposals
- Works with the BD lead, Project Director, and the engineering corporate manager in aspects such as development of: Engineering scope of work, Hours, Assumptions, Exceptions, Risks, Value Creation and Strategy
- Responsible to write and/or edit major sections of the execution plan(s) including both Project Management and Engineering Management sections
- Works with scheduler to ensure schedule development meets the win strategy and RFP requirements
- Works with the team on setting the right technical qualifiers for the work including the assumptions, exceptions, clarifications, alternatives and opportunities.
- Supports the development of Executive Summaries for major pursuits by providing: charts, graphics, or narratives
- Works on vetting the nominated individuals for the projects based on technical experience
- Involved in the final review of the complete package prior to submission with focus on the technical aspects of the work
- Attending and presenting the technical SOW in Approval to Proceed (ATP) & Approval to Submit (ATS) meetings as needed.
- Coordination with Wood’s global offices for technical input to multi-office proposals
- Support the continuous improvement process, by bringing forward lessons learned, value creation, innovation, technology, and creative ideas from past project experience to help differentiate our proposal and increase our chances of winning
- May be involved in some aspects of sales and opportunity development including account planning, client meetings, presentations, and conferences
- Review of sales funnel and opportunities, and provide hours estimates on early stage tracked opportunities.
- Review of sales funnel and opportunities, and identify talent gaps and recommend to Operations Leaders talent gaps
Exclusions to role:
- Managing of the overall proposal process
- Final submission of the proposal
- Resumes, org charts
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Construction Supervisor to join our dynamic world class team; supporting one of the largest environment remediation projects in North America. Based in a thriving, south-eastern community, Port Hope, ON is accessible from the Durham Region; Peterborough, Oshawa, Whitby, Bowmanville, Courtice.
- Execute projects on schedule, budget, quality and safely
- Direct the daily field work to ensure compliance with specifications and drawings
- Manage the field labor pool and associated equipment, subcontractors and supplies to ensure project execution meetings project schedule
- Direct onsite health and safety. Mentor site staff to ensure the maintenance of a safety culture
- Assist in the recruitment of competent field resources as necessary working with the project manager
- Manage Heavy Equipment, Vehicles and Manpower Resources on site
- Ensure that required operating staff training and H&S compliance is completed
- Health and Safety:
- Actively participate in the cultivation of onsite health and safety culture, leading by example
- Actively participate in Operations Meetings, and leading morning tailgate meetings
- Review and make recommendations on near misses and incidents
- Conduct site inspections showing health and safety leadership
- Project Execution:
- Assist in hazard identification
- Ensure pre-job requirements such as locates, licensing, permits etc. are in place
- Ensure subcontractor prequalification’s are on file
- Manage the manpower, equipment, tools, materials necessary to support the project schedule
- Review plans and specification to ensure the work being performed meets project requirements
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager. As a member of Wood's PMC team the selected candidate will oversee and manage the construction of the Client’s facility. The Construction Manager will be seconded into the Client's organization and will be working directly under the supervision of the Client. CM will be responsible for coordinating with the client and as directed. organizing, managing and administering all site activities in accordance with the Project requirements.Some of the duties anticiapted to be undertaken are:
- Be fully familiar with the contract requirements, local laws and regulations, policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented and complied with
- Ensure that the Health, Safety, Security, Environment, ,(HSSE) and quality policy is correctly implemented by the construction contractor(s)
- Ensure that the project achieves its objectives with respect of HSSE, quality, cost and schedule
- Oversee the construction, completion and turnover of the permanent installation.
- Ensure that suitable and sufficient local infrastructure is in place to support the construction operations
- Provide regular progress reports to the client.
Wood is looking for a HSSE Manager for a secondment position with one of our clients. HSSE Manager will be under direct supervision from the client and will be responsible for fulfilling his duties as requested by the client. Some of the activities anticipated to covered under the responsibilities are the following:
- Review work plans and safety SOPs to ensure they remain up-to-date
- Develop, conduct, and track/record daily and monthly required safety briefings
- Ensure workers have proper levels of safety training and coordinate overall task-specific safety training where required
- Ensure proper personal protective equipment is available and used by staff and work crews
- Conduct regulatory and customer required safety training
- Interface with managers, supervisors, team leads, and team members on safety aspects of work efforts to promote open communication
- Collect and document OHSA required information for compliance with the processes and procedures.
- Follow all local codes, standards and regulatory safety requirements,
- Conduct, document, and report all required monthly and annual safety audits
In preparation for the upcoming field season, Wood’s Archaeology and Cultural Heritage group is seeking Junior Archaeologists and Field Directors for our Burnaby office. Available positions are temporary (on-call), with the possibility of full-time permanent employment for selected applicants.
We offer an excellent compensation package with benefits, extensive safety training, and opportunities for diverse experiences and professional development. Required training, professional memberships, equipment, supplies, and travel are covered by the company.
Wages and benefits dependent on experience. Preference will be given to those with Field Director status in the Northwest Coast Culture Region and to those with excavation experience.
- Participate in fieldwork, research and analysis as needed
- Record archaeological and traditional use sites
- Assist with environmental field work, such as water quality sampling and hydrology
- Write and edit reports, arrange for report drafting and production.
- Prepare site forms
- Liaise with clients, First Nations and others
- Undertake project planning and preparation, including mobilization and demobilization
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of time sheets and expenses
- Cataloguing and curation of project materials
- Communicate company standards, policies and procedures to crews
- Provide leadership, support and effective communication as needed
- Provide supervision and ensure that projects are carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards
- Work in accordance with Wood policies and procedures
- Work safely and be responsible for crew safety as per Wood safety policy
- Assist with projects as needed and take on other duties as assigned
Wood Geomatics Limited is seeking a Geomatics/Legal Survey Drafting Technologist to join our Calgary office. Reporting to the Legal Surveys Manager, your primary responsibility will be plan preparation for a variety of legal survey projects. Additional duties may include field data processing, survey plan checking and computations.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an exciting career opportunity in our Physical Hydrogeology Group for an Intermediate Hydrogeologist. This position is based in the Greater Toronto Area and will support our infrastructure, municipal and mining work. The position will report to one of the group’s Senior Hydrogeologists and will be based in our Mississauga or Richmond Hill office.
The successful candidate will be working with a highly motivated team of professionals delivering quality services on technically challenging projects. You would become involved with primarily physical hydrogeological investigations to support multi-disciplinary projects in a variety of fields, including construction dewatering assessments and permitting, water supply, transportation, mining, oil and gas, and energy projects, among others across Ontario.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise/implement hydrogeological field programs, including but not limited to drilling, test pitting, installation of monitoring wells, groundwater sampling, groundwater monitoring programs, data loggers, aquifer testing (pumping tests and slug tests), and geological sample logging (soil and rock)
- Evaluate and interpret data including geology, hydrogeology, and groundwater chemistry in the completion of hydrogeologic assessments for projects in various business sectors, including transportation, infrastructure, geotechnical, municipal supply and monitoring, and mining
- Prepare hydrogeologic reports in accordance with contracted scope of work and budget, and to company, professional, quality, and legislative standards
- Work collaboratively with members of the Hydrogeology Group and team members from other internal business lines and offices, as well as external sub-contractors/consultants, and clients
- Develop scopes of work and budgets and prepare proposals and other quotation requests, both individually and within a team environment. The team can consist of professionals from multiple disciplines, including geotechnical, transportation, infrastructure, planning, mining, materials, etc.
- Manage hydrogeologic project tasks and budgets
- Mentor and supervise the work of field technicians, junior geoscientists/engineers
- Assist in business development and marketing, both internally to other offices and internal business lines, and externally to potential and existing clients
- Opportunities to collaborate with Wood teams across Ontario and sometimes across Canada and internationally
Wood is looking for a Buyer / Expeditor to join our Mining & Minerals office in Oakville, Ontario. The Buyer / Expeditor monitors and maintains the progress of assigned orders. Specifically, the Buyer / Expeditor is responsible for confirming and meeting the date of shipment from the supplier as promised in the purchase order or improving/delaying the shipment as required by the project. Responsibility begins when the purchase order is placed and ends when the field submits a receiving report showing all material has been received in good condition.
- Confirm the supplier's understanding of all deliverables and that the supplier's submission or delivery requirements match the project's expectations
- Analyze and evaluate the supplier's document and data submittal plans
- Obtain a copy of the supplier's production schedule, and confirm the supplier has a complete and capable plan for meeting the project's delivery requirements
- Evaluate the supplier's plans and ability to meet the schedule
- Identify potential and actual disruptions in the supplier's submission and delivery schedules
- Develop and present to the project alternatives for the supplier to improve performance
- Lead or support the implementation of project selected actions to avoid or minimize the impact of supplier schedule disruptions on the project
- Monitor, evaluate, and report the supplier's performance against the supplier's schedule
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier recovery plans
- Ensure the supplier meets schedule for all contractually obligated deliverables
- Assist others assigned to the project in the performance of their expediting responsibilities as required
- Perform shop expediting - take actions necessary to physically verify the supplier's reported progress and ability to meet its delivery obligations
- Provide additional support to support sourcing, bidder qualification's and prepare Request for Quotes
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Rail Design Manager to join our rail team in our Burlington or Richmond Hill, ON office. Reporting to the Manager Rail & Transit, this position will be responsible for coordinating design efforts with regards to heavy, commuter and light rail transit projects.
- Oversee and lead the engineering design production of heavy rail, commuter and light rail transit projects
- Manage the design process through the preliminary and detailed design phases
- Manage the preparation of the construction contract documents
- Provide assistance during tender period and evaluation period
- Preparation of presentations and reports
- Meets client quality, schedule, and budget expectations
- Required to lead projects and coordinate the efforts of rail team, including associates and sub-contractors
- Interact with clients on a regular basis
- Provide technical direction to and mentors technical staff
Wood is currently looking for an Environmental Coordinator to join our construction project team near Gogama, Ontario.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation, permits, policies, guidance and best practice across the project.
- Develop and implement Environmental Management Plan and associated management plans.
- Develop and implement environmental monitoring and reporting program (water quality and flows, air quality, noise and vibration) in accordance with regulatory and Project requirements.
- Ensure regulatory and Project environmental requirements are communicated to all relevant Wood personnel and to Contractors.
- Evaluate compliance through ongoing environmental audits and inspections in accordance with the HSSE audit and inspection program, and initiate corrective actions on observed non-compliances.
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled inspections of work areas in conjunction with Wood management and Contractor(s).
- Evaluate the success of the Environmental Protection Plan and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Prepare environmental reports to the Wood HSSE Manager, Client and regulatory agencies.
- Work with contractor(s) and Wood Construction Managers to ensure that the Contractor(s) and sub-contractors have adequate environmental protection plans in place prior to the commencement of work.
- Develop written plans, programs, training and information materials to support environmental incident prevention.
- Supervise activities of Wood environmental technicians and manage coordination with technical support contractors.
- Maintain environmental-related records and documentation and ensure that Wood and Contractor(s) comply with the Project record retention requirements.
- In conjunction with Wood Project management, coordinate and assist in HSSE meetings.
- In conjunction with Wood Project management and Contractor(s), coordinate thorough investigation of all environmental incidents.
Wood Canada Ltd. is seeking to hire a project engineering manager that is responsible for management, direction and co-ordination of the project engineering group and its interrelation with other project functions. Also responsible for implementing engineering procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work. Communication skills, solid engineering execution skills, stakeholder management skills and strong delivery experience are essential.
- Manage engineering and design functions
- Prepares work plans, schedules and budgets for the project in conjunction with discipline leads
- Ensures that engineering work on the project is completed in accordance with project HSSEA, risk management, engineering plans and the Wood Quality Management System
- Assists in determining the project organization and related job descriptions
- Facilitates and establishes the means of coordination of engineering work between disciplines and between the engineering team and other project functions
- Provides leadership and counsel to discipline leads
- Interface with other offices as required
- Establish basis design criteria for projects
- Responsible for implementation of Wood and project specific standards including adherence to engineering procedures and quality control checks
- Ability to work in matrix organization
- Technical proposal preparation
- Coordination with High Value Engineering centers
- Planning of engineering deliverables, man-hours and engineering schedules
Wood services multiple markets including Infrastructure, Process & Energy and Mining & Minerals. Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for many local and worldwide companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
The Wood Trail office currently numbers over 70 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer. Reporting to the Electrical Department Manager, this position is located in our Trail, BC office. This role has responsibilities for electrical design on projects in the mining industry. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the lead electrical engineer.
- Providing project engineering and electrical discipline leadership.
- Performing engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, LV and MV motor sizing and selection, cable distribution design, schematic, single line, termination schedule and wiring design.
- Assisting with construction supervision as well as the commissioning of industrial electrical systems.
- Identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Maintaining and planning cost control for all scopes of work.
- Ensuring that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Providing technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Reviewing, checking and approving work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Preparing estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review.
Wood’s Burnaby Environmental Group is currently seeking Intermediate Hydrogeologist to join our growing hydrogeology, mine closure and contaminated sites team in British Columbia. The successful candidates will work within Wood’s British Columbia/Yukon Regional Practice and collaborate with teams across Western Canada.
Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ core competencies are in environmental assessments, health and environmental risk assessment, environmental geology (site investigation), remediation engineering, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure engineering, and testing, and water resource services. We employ permanent staff in each region of Canada, including hydrogeologists, environmental, geological, civil, and geotechnical engineers, and environmental scientists and technician/technologist support personnel. Each of our regional teams is supported by local Wood offices and international Wood professional practice networks.
- Conducting hydrogeological/hydrogeochemical investigations of sites relating to contaminated sites, environmental assessment baseline studies, site remediation or reclamation projects in British Columbia and Yukon
- Conducting site inspections and implementing field sampling programs in support of site investigations and remediation, including coordination of subcontractors and service suppliers
- Serve as a task manager and/or project manager for baseline assessments and subsequent site investigation, remediation and closure projects, and the ability to lead field programs
- Analysis of data and preparation of technical reports, work plans, and project specifications
- Interpretation of British Columbia environmental regulations and investigation results to successfully meet the client requirements
- Client coordination in support of work activities, including communication through verbal and written correspondence
- Actively contribute to a growing practice applying your field, data analysis can reporting skills to develop high quality hydrogeologic and site assessment reports
- Collaborate and partner with Wood technical practitioners from multiple offices to execute environmental projects throughout BC and the Yukon
Wood is currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer. Duties will include
- Structural engineering work to meet Client requirements and specifications
- Prepare cost estimates and track project progress
- Travel offshore to complete structural surveys/support
- Originate structural engineering documents
- Ensure all HSEQ requirements are met within the Structural discipline in accordance with Wood procedures and management systems
Wood is currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer in Training. This position is located in our Oakville, Ontario office.
You will be part of the structural engineering team delivering projects in the Power industry. This includes structural steel and reinforced concrete structures for buildings, building and equipment foundations, substation structures/foundations, pipe racks, site works, miscellaneous structures and tank foundations, and design of building envelope including roofing and walls.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches and specifications
- Provide input to proposals, feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications
- Investigate field and design problems and prepare reports
- Site visits and inspections
- Preparation of studies, design criteria, and quantity estimates.
- Coordinate with other team members, vendors, clients
- Coordinate all requirements for the related project with other disciplines
- Technical writing (client reports, equipment specifications, construction specifications)
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
The responsibilities of an Electrical Technician will depend on the size and scope of the project. Electrical Technicians will be responsible for addressing that all documentation pertaining to electrical and < 750 voltage activities is completed in a timely and efficient manner; and
▪ Send completed daily reports to the Commissioning Team Lead
▪ Work with internal stakeholders to ensure all electrical and < 750 voltage activities are completed in a safe and controlled manner
▪ When required, complete relay testing of the project-specific type of relays, LOTO switching, voltage testing, breaker testing, and substation testing
▪ Perform < 750 voltage and electrical testing, as required by the Project
▪ Shall attend and participate in the daily safety meeting
▪ Shall report all near misses and incidents to the Team Lead within 24 hours
▪ All safety procedures must be followed as per the commissioning procedures
▪ Communicate regularly with the Team Lead and other team members commissioning
deficiencies and failed equipment, faulty design and, in general, all issues encountered
▪ Support and facilitate a highly effective, collaborative environment with seamless, open communication with the team
▪ Inform Team Lead of any issues that could affect the baseline budget
▪ Inform Team Lead of any issues that could affect or cause delays in completion of the Site
▪ Shall report to the Commissioning Lead.
▪ Review the drawings and procedures prior to starting the assigned Work task
▪ When requested or instructed, assist the vendors and others with the Work scope for the day
▪ Review daily work activities and complete the Work scheduled as set out by the Lead
▪ Review upcoming work activities for proper test equipment, personnel, safety measures, vendor support, and documentation requirements with the Team Lead
▪ Be fully competent for relay testing of the project-specific types of relays
▪ Review redline drawings on a daily basis to ensure they are up-to-date and correct
▪ Complete the data sheets on a daily basis for the Work completed that day
▪ Review upcoming Work activities for documentation requirements with the Team Lead