Click column header to sort
Wood Canada Limited is looking for a self-motivated Project Manager with experience working in an industrial environment (Hydro, Mining, Pulp and Paper). The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Disciplines to ensure all aspects of each project fulfill the client needs. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, we encourage you to apply.The location of work is at our St. John’s, NL Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop Project Management Plans for each project, which includes coordination of deliverables, development of a project schedule, identification of project objectives and key deliverables, etc.;
- Meet with clients to take detailed minutes and clarify specific requirements of each project;
- Coordinate project requirements with each engineering discipline (Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical;
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals;
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis;
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members;
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a GIS Specialist/Analyst to join our dynamic Multi-Disciplined Team in Fredericton, NB. You will work under the guidance of Engineers, Archaeologists and Biologists on projects that will include aspects of civil, geotechnical, mining and environmental engineering. The qualified candidate should be self-motivated and able to work on moderately complex multi-disciplined engineering projects.
Looking to expand your career horizons as a member of one of the world’s leading environmental engineering and consulting firms in New Brunswick? This is an exciting opportunity for a GIS Specialist to service our public and private sector clients across Canada.
- Work closely with various professional disciplines, geophysical & GPS data collection teams and Project Managers to prepare drawing packages, report figures, design concepts, technical specifications and calculations
- Trimble GPS (mapping grade) Data uploading/downloading, preparation and post-processing (additionally Trimble GPS Data Dictionary creation would be an asset
- Download, post-process Ricoh GPS Camera Photos
- Data analysis of various LiDAR formats, DEM/DSM creation and modeling
- Generation of mapping products
- Geodatabase design, maintenance and reporting
- GIS documentation, metadata creation and reporting;
- Create and Implement QA/QC procedures and standards for data storage, in the office and in the field
- Improve current processes and contribute to the continued growth of GIS services within Wood
- Coordination with other team members and other units in related operations
- Assure quality and delivery of products
Wood is currently seeking a Commercial Manager for our St. John's office.
- Manages direct reports from Contracts, Procurement, Subcontracts, IT and Administration and interfaces with Senior Management Team, Managers, and Customer Commercial and Contractual focal points.
- Delivering business in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner, in line with contractual requirements and to the satisfaction of customers and Wood Management.
- Primary focal point for Wood’s Business Ethics Policy and Financial Management Framework in Eastern Canada
- Ensure all applicable processes, management systems and appropriate organizational structure are in place and operating effectively.
- Providing commercial support for the strategic direction of the Eastern Canada business.
- Fostering good relationships with customers, subcontractors and vendors at commercial and contractual level.
- To ensure that all work complies with Contract and Wood Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures; project specific HSES and Quality plans; and agreed interfacing requirements with customers and sub-contractors, as appropriate.
- To have in place emergency response procedures that aligns with customer’s procedures and Wood emergency response and crisis management procedures.
- Ensuring all contract risks are understood and quantified for management review.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Wood Management System through participation in the audit and review process.
- Ensuring that all vendors, contractors, movers, who provide services and any other visitors understand and comply with Wood House Rules and safety guidelines
- Ensuring all work complies with all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the Wood Global Management System is being used in the delivery of the service and demonstrate commitment to the Management System through participation in the audit and review process, and regular offshore and onshore reviews on project asset
Wood services multiple markets including Infrastructure, Process & Energy and Mining & Minerals. Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for many local and worldwide companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
The Wood Trail office currently numbers over 70 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer, Intermediate. Reporting to the Electrical Department Manager, this position is located in our Trail, BC office. This role has responsibilities for electrical design on projects in the mining industry. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the lead electrical engineer.
- Providing project engineering and electrical discipline leadership.
- Performing engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, LV and MV motor sizing and selection, cable distribution design, schematic, single line, termination schedule and wiring design.
- Assisting with construction supervision as well as the commissioning of industrial electrical systems.
- Identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Maintaining and planning cost control for all scopes of work.
- Ensuring that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Providing technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Reviewing, checking and approving work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Preparing estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review.
- Executing designs through the interpretation of design basis information provided by engineers and senior designers for Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls projects and producing project drawings.
- Delivering design documents in accordance with company and client technical and operating procedures.
- Providing support to other members of the team.
- Providing support with respect to a range of activities including both technical and non-technical tasks related to engineering design and construction as well as project management.
- Delivering projects on budget and within identified schedules.
- Engaging in a collaborative work environment with your team, as well as other disciplines and offices.
- Site inspection.
Wood is a multinational company employing around 55,000 people in over 60 countries. We have an established reputation for excellence in engineering in dams and hydropower projects. We are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with Dam Engineering experience to join our team in Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia). The successful candidate will be specialized in mining projects with extensive dam experience.
The ideal candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a strong background in the geotechnical aspects of dam safety evaluations and design. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience. With a demonstrated ability to lead and grow a team of professionals performing engineering, construction and project management on behalf of our clients. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Fredericton, NB or Halifax, NS
- Provide engineering analysis, design & reporting for mining environmental projects; tailings dams, water management system, waste rock, open pit, etc.
- Perform design and analytical functions including stability, seepage, bearing capacity and settlement analyses
- Perform Dam Safety Inspections/Dam Safety Reviews, Dam Safety Evaluations, Risk Assessments
- Perform technical writing & review of proposals & project documents; issued to clients, etc.
- Prepare design drawings & specifications from scoping study to detailed design and construction
- Develop construction and engineering cost estimates
- Prepare reports and coordinate support activities
- Review findings and prepare recommendations
- Work as an integral team member in a multi-discipline environment
- Liaise with other technical specialists including hydrogeologists, hydrologists, geochemists, rock mechanics, environmental and other disciplines
- Provide quality leadership & mentoring of junior technical staff
- Manage contractors and sub-consultants
- Manage projects in remote regions
Wood is seeking Materials Technician / Technologists to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Group in St John's, NL.
- Conducting various tests on plastic and hardened concrete, aggregates, soils, and asphalt in both field and laboratory settings
- Testing will be conducted on a variety of civil construction projects associated with commercial and institutional buildings, water resources, energy and transportation structures
- This position may require working on remote project sites throughout Newfoundland & Labrador on a rotational basis
Pour soutenir l'expansion rapide de l'unité du Québec, Wood Environnement & Infrastructure Solutions cherche actuellement à combler 1 poste de Dessinateur en génie civil / Technicien en CAO intermédiaire pour son bureau de Dorval.
La personne retenue sera formée à l’interne afin de développer une solide compréhension des principes de conception en génie civil dans les domaines des travaux de terrassement et de l'ingénierie géotechnique, de l'infrastructure minière et de l'hydrologie. Il ou elle travaillera en étroite collaboration avec les concepteurs CAO senior et aura l'occasion d'apprendre ou de développer des compétences dans Civil3D/AutoCAD et d’autres logiciels de conception.
- Utilisation du logiciel Civil3D/AutoCAD pour produire une variété de plans d'ingénierie géotechnique et environnementale, des diagrammes et des documents de présentation, en collaboration étroite avec les gestionnaires de projet pour répondre aux besoins des clients externes
- Estimation de la quantité et calculs de conception, modélisation 3D, l'analyse cartographique
- Bonne gestion des priorités dans le travail et dans les méthodes de présentation, selon les normes de l'entreprise
- S'assurer que tous les plans et cartes soient conformes aux normes techniques
- Travailler en étroite collaboration avec d'autres ingénieurs et dessinateurs dans un environnement d'équipe pour atteindre les objectifs du projet
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, a global leader in providing engineering and environmental services is currently seeking a qualified Junior Level Geotechnical Engineer, Mining to join our team in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Project consulting and engineering for mining and infrastructure projects
- An ability and willingness to interface with other related disciplines – hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, permitting, etc.
- Preparation of engineering designs, plans, assessments and studies
- Opportunity to collaborate on projects throughout Canada and Internationally
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Orla, Texas. You will provide administrative support to several departments and managers.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Provide administrative support to department and/or Manager
- General clerical, receptionist and project based work.
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction
- Answer and transfer telephones and direct calls to the appropriate staff member
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Perform general clerical duties: photocopying, faxing mailing, and filing
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Sign for and distribute mail and packages
- Research and price office furniture and supplies
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules
- Monitor and optimizing costs within area of control
- Operate a company-provided vehicle to perform job duties in a safe manner
- Adhere to all Safety, Environmental, and company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Automation Control System Technologist, Transmission & Distribution, in our Vancouver, BC office. If you are looking for a challenging career and an opportunity to work with experts in the industry, we’re the engineering firm for you.
- Performing design development, testing, validation and implementation of configuration and programming of the following IEDs and systems:
- Automation controllers
- Data concentrators
- Digital multifunction meters
- Transformer LTC controllers
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- RTU and SCADA systems
- Developing IED point lists for substation control and automation systems
- Preparing and reviewing engineering documents, specifications, inspection and testing plans/procedures
- Reviewing design documentation, automation system design and configuration with Owner’s Engineer to ensure the design satisfies project’s requirements
- Performing factory acceptance testing of control and automation equipment and IED configurations at manufacturer’s facility
- Leading activities to ensure engineering, configuration, testing, installation, construction and commissioning are completed to project’s and customer’s requirements
- Coordinating construction and commissioning activities with utility clients and subcontractors
- Responding to information requests from construction sites in a timely manner and completing project documentation, including issuing as-built documentations and configuration files for record and returning data to clients
- Traveling to site for conducting site surveys and commissioning support, when required, and liaising with internal groups, external contractors and clients
- Enhancing and maintaining relationships with internal groups as well as external contractors and clients.
Leading the Automation scope of projects
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Process Engineer reporting to the Process Engineering Manager; this position is located in our Oakville, ON office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing engineering support for a variety of projects. The Intermediate Process Engineer will be responsible for process design and process engineering activities for projects in various stages of execution.
- Delivering project process engineering activities on assigned projects
- Liaising with client process engineers on design issues and incorporating client requirements in a cost effective and low risk manner
- Managing schedule and budget, and documenting and managing changes to process design
- Providing on-site support during construction and commissioning
- Reviewing and approving process plant heat and mass balances, process design criteria, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), plant layouts and 3-D models, technical specifications, technical evaluations and recommendations for equipment purchases
- Supporting process plant HAZOP reviews and managing resolution of action items
- Participating in design reviews and managing resolution of action items.
- Assist in preparing man-hour estimates and scope descriptions in conjunction with the project/proposal requirements.
Wood's Downstream & Chemicals office in Calgary is looking for a Technical Safety Engineer (part-time) to join our team to provide expertise for our projects.
- Familiarity with system design for firewater, fire and gas detection and fireproofing
- Undertake consequence modeling (PHAST, FRED)
- Quantified Risk Assessments (QRA)
- Participate in HAZOP reviews