Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada’s gas processing, power generation, and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Clerk. Reporting to Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering projects through the management of project documentation
- Organizing files, both paper and electronic, for proper storage
- Reproducing documents as required for project staff
- Seeking out and completing methods to continually improve processes
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting a GIS Web Application Developer, to be located in our Ottawa, Ontario office. The position will be part of a team focused on the development of web applications for GIS data analysis and display. The team provides database management, software development and web-based information delivery to clients using cloud technologies. The team uses an agile software development process.
- Design, development, testing and debugging of applications
- Designing applications from conception to completion
- Communicating effectively with the team members on various tasks and projects as assigned
- Supporting existing applications as required
- Other duties as assigned
Individual is expected to be enthusiastic, interested in new technology, have a passion for quality and a desire for innovation.
Wood has a Cost Control Specialist opportunity available with our team in the St. John's office. The Cost Control Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of cost control services to projects.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Developing the project WBS in conjunction with the Project Leader and Project Planner in accordance with contract requirements.
- Establishing project control budgets in line with the project WBS based on the Client approved Project Estimate.
- Developing a period profile of costs based on the project schedule, performance metrics, forecast labour, contract rates, procurement plans, subcontracts and other third-party services.
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information, for all cost elements, in the cost control and reporting system on a regular basis.
- Production of cost reports and advising management of any forecast deviations as soon as possible to allow appropriate actions to be taken in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a comprehensive accessible register of project changes.
- Updating the Current Estimate and project forecast as appropriate in line with Pending and Client approved changes.
- Undertaking commercial evaluation of tenders in conjunction with procurement and contracts personnel.
- Liaising with the finance department with regards to evaluation of work performed, goods received, and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
- Assessing potential commitments in comparison to approved project baselines, prior to formal commitment and highlighting variances for corrective or change management actions.
Wood is currently seeking a Contract Administrator to join our growing and dynamic Infrastructure Group, reporting to the Contract Administration Manager in our Burlington office. This position will be responsible for the Contract Administration of various road, structure, sewer and watermain projects for municipal clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Complete contract administration for transportation, structural, drainage, watermain and wastewater main (including trenchless) projects of varying size and complexity;
- Work with the Contract Administration group to promote high standards of excellence, service and client satisfaction;
- Embrace, implement and promote standards of safety consistent with Wood’s corporate safety policy Beyond Zero;
- Provide the administration team with the required support in the interpretation of the contract documents, specifications and all other administration related matters to the contract;
- Ensure timely analyses and recommendations are provided to the client(s) for all issues including but not limited to monthly payments, final payments to the contractor, extensions of time, change orders, claims, negotiations, changes proposals, design and construction problems encountered on the contract;
- Prepare for, chair and record minutes of site meetings;
- Support and direct inspection staff in completion of various tasks, including but not limited to:
- Site inspection, identifying and advising of non-compliance;
- Review and interpret contract documents and contract drawings;
- Coordinate and monitor material testing/quality control program;
- Keep field diaries recording work completed, materials and equipment on site each day;
- Monitor environmental compliance;
- Track and summarize quantities;
- Train and mentor inspection staff as necessary;
- Liaise with the design engineer and clients for approval of on-site changes;
- Liaise with the public and other stakeholders, and
- Other duties as assigned including quantity take-off and contract package reviews.
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Planner / Scheduler. Reporting to the Manager of Project Controls, this position is located in the Oakville, Ontario office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. This position will start in the Oakville Office, and will transition to Site. This position will be filled subject to Project win.
- Maintain thorough understanding of company policies, procedures, and methodologies relevant to Planning / Scheduling discipline
- Develop thorough understanding of the contract, scope of work, estimate and procurement / contracting plan for assigned projects
- Facilitate early planning sessions with project teams and clients
- Assist project planning and development of multi-level, resource loaded CPM schedule for all phases of the assigned project
- Maintain and update the CPM schedule as required by project plan
- Extract resources and quantities from the estimate and load into the schedule
- Report project progress from Primavera P6, and produce progress and quantity S-curves and analysis
- Implement and maintain Earned Value / Progress Tracking system
- Interact with clients, contractors, construction and project management and team leads regarding planning and scheduling activities
- Review work of other planners/schedulers and perform schedule integrity checks
- Contribute to on-going improvements and developments in work methodology and software for scheduling and work progress measurement
- Prepare and conduct presentations of schedule methodologies and principles to other departments
Wood is currently seeking a Civil Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply knowledge of civil engineering and design principles and practices to the organization’s products and services. The Engineer will plan, schedule and conduct engineering assignments under the guidance of Lead Engineer. This role will be filled contingent upon project win.
- Work closely with engineers, technicians, technologists and project managers in preparation of document and drawing packages
- Provide civil engineering, design and drafting support for utility and industrial facilities and services, including buried and overland piping, pumping stations, access roadways, and spill containment systems
- Engineer civil earthworks (including ponds, mill pads, rail spurs, etc.)
- Engineer underground utilities (including fire water, potable water, force mains, sanitary sewer for mine and heavy industrial facilities)
- Engineer surface run facilities including pipelines
- Site grading and earthwork design
- Drainage design, storm sewers design, and storm management
- Plant and haul road design
- Sanitary sewers design
- Hydrology and hydraulics
- Flood plain/Flood risk assessment studies
- Culverts design
- Open channel design
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Site Cost Controller to join our Mining & Minerals construction project located near Gogama, ON. Reporting directly to the Project Controls Manager and Cost Lead, will be responsible for performing the site cost control activities, communicating with Contractors regarding Progress Payment Certificates, tracking progress/deliverables/quantities, and performing a variety of activities related to the Project Control System. This position will be filled subject to project win.
- Provide support to the Project Controls Manager and Cost Lead
- Quickly become proficient in Wood's Project Management System: Convero
- Maintaining a daily log of Contractor Labour, Materials, and Equipment Timesheets
- Producing contract reports and analysis of earned value performance, cost trending, hours trending, quantity trending on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
- Following the well established procedures for cost coding, change management, contract management
- Providing inputs and forecast information to the rest of the Project Controls Team
- Analyzing contractor timesheets / reports / schedules for completeness and accuracy per the terms and conditions of the contract
- Analyze Contractor payment certificate submissions for accuracy, and communicate and follow up with the Contractor to obtain appropriate and accurate back-up
- Analyze and comment on Contractor proposals / pricing
- Ensuring that all trends and change notices are properly documented in writing, in accordance with the established procedure
- Coordinating with the trend coordinator the collection of data, evaluating and assessing the overall cost impact of any changes on engineering, procurement and construction and reporting the conclusions to the Area Manager for appropriate action
- Ensure that the forecast final cost of the project is current
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Transportation Designer to join our Transportation Group in Burlington or Richmond Hill or Cambridge, ON.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on dynamic transportation projects in a team environment for municipal and provincial highways projects.
- Undertake preliminary and detail engineering design work for rural or urban road and highway improvement projects utilizing design, Microstation and CAD software
- Manage multiple projects and junior technical staff that may be assigned to provide technical support
- Conduct quality control reviews
- Prepare tender documents
- Liaise and coordinate with the project team
- Undertake construction liaison
- Mentor and supervise junior technicians
- Liaise with clients and agencies
Wood has a need for well-rounded and experienced Protection & Control Senior Engineer, Transmission & Distribution who can technically mentor, prepare, review and approve designs, investigate design alternatives and initiate standard design changes when required. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Lead a team of engineers and designers to develop efficient, safe and constructible design solutions for brownfield and greenfield substation projects across the project lifecycle, from conceptual through to construction and commissioning
- Lead the design of protection, control and metering systems for electrical substations of 12 to 500 kV, including:
- Develop, review and approve standard project design documents and drawings as required.
- Complete protection coordination studies and relay settings for high voltage utility transmission systems
- Prepare and review construction and outage staging plans, and inspection and testing plans/procedures
- Perform factory inspections of protection & control equipment
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders such as:
- Planning - including workload forecasting and project progress monitoring
- Construction – including provision of technical support & participation in constructability reviews
- Safety – including use of safety by design principles
- Supply chain management – including preparation of MTOs, review of vendor documents & assisting with procurement of equipment & materials as necessary.
- Provincial/national standards organizations and regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, including the preparation of technical scopes of work, engineering budgets and schedules
- Travel and visit to client sites during various project stages
- Assist in the development and approval of engineering design standards
- Mentor colleagues
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for Protection & ControlIntermediate Engineer, Transmission & Distribution. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, B.C. office. This role involves the design of high voltage substation projects from conception to construction. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Design protection, control and metering systems for electrical substations of 12 to 500 kV
- Develop protection application documents, one-lines, schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts and IED settings for power system protective relaying and metering systems
- Prepare and review drawing lists, engineering documents, specifications, and inspection and testing plans/procedures
- Write and plan project scope(s), staging plans, test plans, proposals, estimates, schedules, and budgets
- Review design documentation with the Owner’s Engineer to ensure the design satisfies the project’s requirements
- Review of vendor documents against specifications
- Prepare material take offs for all P & C equipment, as well as ordering materials through the procurement group
- Perform factory inspections of P & C equipment
- Coordinate construction and commissioning activities with utility clients and subcontractors
- Respond to information requests from construction sites and complete project documentation, including as-builts, calculations and returning data to clients
- Travel to site and liaising with internal groups, external contractors and clients
- Enhance and maintain relationships with internal groups as well as external contractors and clients
- Lead projects from conception through construction and commissioning, including mentoring junior engineers and designers
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for Protection & ControlJunior Engineer, Transmission & Distribution. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, B.C. office. This role involves the design of high voltage substation projects from conception to construction. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Participate in the design of electrical substations of 12 to 500 kV, from conceptual stage through construction and commissioning.
- Assist lead engineers with design tasks related to substation protection & control. These may include:
- Preparation of engineering drawings such as panel layouts, AC & DC schematics, wiring diagrams and cable schedules using CAD software and with support from drafters
- Preparation of engineering calculations
- Development of material take-offs and bill of materials
- Handling of project drawings and documents, including assisting with issuing deliverable packages
- Travel and visit to client sites during various project stages
- Participate in internal and client technical meetings
- Manage own time to deliver tasks on-time and on-budget
Make an impression in a global consulting firm ranked #7 in the Top 500 Design Firms & #10 in the Top 50 International Market
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Group has a global network of engineers, scientists and project managers, we apply ingenuity, innovative technologies and customer focus to deliver solutions for complex environmental and infrastructure challenges. We are a diverse business, with around 7,600 people in about 175 offices spanning six continents. From engineering resilient facilities to restoring contaminated sites, we provide support across the life cycle of our customers’ assets in the government, industrial and manufacturing, mining, power, infrastructure, and oil and gas sectors. Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Senior Environmental/Civil Engineer.
As part of the Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions team, the successful candidate will be working with a robust team of technical specialists. You will be joining an international company with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world’s best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. We’re seeking a Senior Environmental/Civil Engineer who wants to join a team committed to be a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence.
This position will be based out of one of our Richmond Hill, Cambridge or Mississauga Offices.
The successful candidate will complement our existing Ontario based environmental/civil engineering team and will provide expert technical input to project teams for a broad range of projects involving environmental remediation and waste management engineering.
- Developing and executing remediation strategies for our client.
- Conduct remediation feasibility studies, remedial investigations, detailed remedial design and planning, quantity and cost estimating, preparation of construction documents and scheduling
- Produce technical design reports and prepare construction documents
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior CAD Designer in our Ottawa, Ontario office.
This is an exciting opportunity to support a large multi-disciplinary project. In this position, you will join our growing team and work with a variety of engineering and environmental disciplines to prepare site plans, key plans, figures, sketches, cross-sections, profiles, site design and contract drawings. A key responsibility of this role will be to prepare civil and environmental design drawings for a major environmental remediation program that is currently underway in Southern Ontario.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce maps, key plans, site plans and site design drawings
- Perform area and volume calculations using CAD tools
- Prepare civil engineering design drawings
- Organize electronic and hardcopy drawings and related data files
- Ensure project needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Coordination with other offices and business units in related operations
Wood is currently looking for a Supplier Quality Surveillance (SQS) Coordinator to join our Downstream & Chemicals office in Calgary.
- Coordinate, monitor, guide and perform day to day functions to apply the company Quality Management System to project SQS activities
- Act as a liaison with client counterparts on all matters related to supplier quality activities for assigned projects
- Prepare inspection assignments and manage all aspects of inspection activities of PO/contract packages (may be discipline specific)
- Monitor / evaluate Inspection Agencies and Third-Party Inspectors selected to complete inspections at vendor locations
- Ensure that inspection documents have been provided to Third-Party Inspectors to help them to perform their duties and define their scope of work at the assignment level
- May visit vendor shops to verify (through monitoring, observation, document review and selective hands-on inspection) that supplier furnished material and equipment conforms to the technical and quality requirements of the procurement documents
- May function as on-site lead inspector on more complex projects where more than one inspector has been assigned
- Monitor supplier personnel activities including the witnessing of operations, inspections, examinations or tests to verify purchase order document requirements have been met
- Review supplier generated quality verification documentation to verify conformance to procurement document requirements
- Review inspection reports to identify any problems and keep Buyer, Engineer and PQM informed. Review material certificates and test results and keep specialist and PQM informed of any deviation. Process NCRs with Engineering and PQM input and maintain records of such. Review the Inspection Release Notes and associated punch lists. Participate in the performance evaluation of Suppliers on request. Review and approve Vendor Data Books for QC matters
- Liaise with the Expediter to communicate that inspections are scheduled
- Reject material and/or components found to be nonconforming and collaborate with the supplier to identify a course of action to achieve satisfactory disposition of disclosed non-conformances. Release conforming material for shipment and notifies other functions to assist in coordination of their activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Wood Process & Energy business performs consulting and engineering services for many of the world’s leading forest industry companies and is executing world-class projects around the world.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer at our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Technical Director, Forest Industry, this role has overall responsibility to manage and execute the delivery of best practice process plant designs and associated services in designated studies and projects in line with Wood’s organizational objectives and client requirements. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing technical leadership and expertise within the forest industry group
- Collaborating with Project Managers to determine the technical approach for process studies at the proposal and study design stages
- Ensuring that the forest industry group maintains a leading edge technical capability through the development of people, designs, industry contacts, new technologies and innovative practices
- Ensuring that all process designs meet recommended safety standards through the use of Wood’s appropriate risk assessment tools such as HAZOPs and risk reviews
- Liaising with industry professionals, vendors and professional organizations to maintain a knowledge of technical advancements and how these might be applied in Wood to improve client services and products
- Ensuring efficient and continuous information flow to team members and other engineering functional groups within projects to maximize output
- Providing technical guidance and advice to other functional departments and the wider organization where required
- Assisting the Business Development team in identifying business opportunities, preparing high caliber proposals and participating in client meetings
- Identifying and managing continuous improvement activities within the department including the maintenance of company standards and procedures
- Assisting the Project Manager with the development of technical warrantees and risk management activities
- Providing mentorship and guidance to less experienced team members and assist in their professional development
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Hydrologist to join our Water Resources team in the Maritimes Provinces. Reporting to the Water Resources Lead, the Senior Hydrologist will be responsible for working with the existing group in Hydrology, developing specific business opportunities as well as supervising and mentoring younger Hydrologists.
This individual will support operations and play a key role in the organization on a wide variety of projects such as surface water resources projects, including watershed management, development impact evaluations, hydraulic and hydrologic analysis, infrastructure design (hydraulic structures such as dam structures and storm water management systems), run-off studies, precipitation and extreme event analysis, catchment regime and flood evaluation, natural channel design, and flood line mapping.
- Develop business within the hydrology area of the Water Resources Team (which includes Hydrology and Hydrogeology), provide direction and mentorship on complex hydrological projects
- Provide technical expertise as well as support and oversee hydrological designs, proposals and reports
- Lead critical delivery meetings
- Coordinate with project managers and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and support the technical component of business development materials
- Collaborate with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood offices on project related work
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of hydrological assessments and development projects
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Wood has a potential opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our Operational Management Solutions team in Vancouver.
- Developing content for facility or process specific e-learning
- Developing content for operations manuals and operating and maintenance procedures using site specific information
- Developing lesson, assessment, and training plans to supplement the manuals and procedures
Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Controller. Reporting to the Project Services Manager, the Project Controller is responsible project controls activities across a number of mining projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Analyzing and forecasting project costs; project planning as well as developing, preparing, collecting and analyzing schedule and cost data on a weekly and monthly basis to assist the management of the project preparation of weekly and monthly reports
- Creating, analyzing and managing detailed project information related to contractual schedule, scope and cost for submittal to program management
- Reporting project cost and schedule status to management for internal reviews as well as analyzing cost variances and recommending corrective actions for capital projects
- Setting up, tracking and analyzing engineering man-hours and associated costs within Woods management system
- Estimating, tracking and analyzing material and equipment quantities and installation rates
- Ensuring all project tasks are identified and resource needs properly estimated for the project.
- Preparing or assisting in the development and implementation of project baseline budgets and schedules
- Setting up project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and allocating budgets at appropriate WBS levels for project tasks
- Reviewing project scope change and change order requests for proper justification, schedule impacts, and adequate budget and funding
- Reviewing contractor, vendor, and consultant invoices for capital projects
- Ensuring that relevant cost management procedures and reporting requirements are incorporated where appropriate on invitations to tender
- Working in coordination with contract administrators on contract budgets, progress payments, valuations of contract variations and compensation events as well as contract financial close-out
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions in Burlington, ON is currently seeking an Intermediate Water Resource Engineer to join our team.
Our Water Resource Engineering group is well respected for its technical modelling and engineering expertise and knowledge in the Southern Ontario area and beyond. We are primarily focused on servicing local municipalities and government agencies in the public sector. Our team members are involved with different types of projects such as floodplain mapping studies, hydrologic/hydraulic modelling, class environmental assessments, stormwater management facility clean outs and retrofits and many more!
As an Intermediate Water Resources Engineer, you will have a chance to lead and direct technical aspects of projects under the supervision of a Senior Engineer and be able to provide direction and guidance to Junior Engineers supporting these projects.
- Serve as technical lead and project manager on multiple simultaneous projects including but not limited to hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality evaluations, Class EAs and detailed design for predominantly public sector clients;
- Produce written correspondence and reports;
- Conduct reviews of engineering calculations and hydrologic and hydraulic computer modelling, including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Visual OTTHYMO, SWMHYMO, PCSWMM, MIKE Urban and MIKE Flood, GAWSER, HSP-F;
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group is seeking a Civil Technologist / Technician for our Water Resources group located in our Burlington, Ontario office.
In this position you will be required to work within our water resources team preparing design and contract drawings, cross-sections, schedules and quantity estimates for water resources and other related projects.
- Work closely with senior engineers and Project Mangers to complete the design and digital drafting
- Coordinating project drawings with Project Managers and others
- Ensuring that the projects needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Coordination with other in-house disciplines in related operations
- Assure delivery of quality products
- Field monitoring of watercourses