Click column header to sort
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of North America’s power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has exciting opportunities for a Senior Protection & Control Engineer. Reporting to the Manager, Electrical Transmission & Distribution, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Leading design of protection, control and metering systems for electrical substations of 12 to 500 kV from conceptual stage through construction and commissioning
- Developing protection planning and application documents, one-lines, schematics, panel layouts and wiring diagrams for power system protective relaying and metering systems
- Performing protection coordination studies and relay settings for high voltage utility transmission systems
- Preparing and reviewing drawing lists, engineering documents, specifications, construction and outage staging plans, and inspection and testing plans/procedures
- Assisting Business Development team by preparing protection and control technical scope of work, engineering budgets and schedules for proposals and estimates
- Leading a team of engineers and designers to develop efficient, safe and constructible design solutions for brownfield and greenfield substation projects at conceptual, feasibility and early engineering stages
- Reviewing design documentation with the Owner’s Engineer to ensure the design satisfies the project’s requirements
- Reviewing of vendor documents against specifications
- Reviewing/preparing material take-offs for all protection & control equipment, as well as ordering materials through the procurement group
- Performing factory inspections of protection & control equipment
- Coordinating construction and commissioning activities with clients and subcontractors
- Responding to information requests from construction sites and leading project closeout documentation, including as-builts, calculations and returning data to clients
- Participating in client technical, Safety by Design and constructability review meetings
- Traveling and visiting client sites during various project stages
- Enhancing and maintaining relationships with internal groups as well as external contractors and clients
- Mentoring junior engineers
Wood is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor (Civil/Structural) to join our Downstream & Chemicals team at a project site in Sturgeon County, Edmonton Metropolitan Region, Alberta.
- Perform Civil/Structural quantity surveys for a Chemical Plant Central Utility Block, Early Works and Infrastructure to confirm contractor progress reporting
- Maintain CWP progress records as well as individual commodity records and associated unit rates
- Analyze productivity factors and impact on construction schedule
- Compile and present weekly/monthly construction progress reports
- Provide management with accurate information on contract performance
- Participate in preparation of estimates and contract budgets
- Site measurement of progressed works; Verification of all site measurements i.e. excavations, etc.
- Accurate reporting of progress and contract position
- Maintain accurate cost incurred to support cost management; Assist in attesting invoices
- Maintain accurate WIP information
- Prepare recommendations for contract modifications
- Undertake costs analysis for variations on contracts
- Participate in risk management; Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Provide advice on contractual claims; Mitigate additional costs and contractual claims
- Analyze outcomes and writing detailed monthly progress reports with updated Forecast At Completion (FAC) costs
- Verification of Certificate quantities, e.g. on reimbursable or Lump Sum basis packages monthly; Prepare payment certificates for approval as required
- Provide feedback to site Contracts Manager / Construction Manager on all QS related issues
Wood’s Mining & Minerals business currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan office. This role has responsibility for the effective planning and supervision of engineering and design activities within a mining project. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assisting the Project Manager and/or Engineering Manager with the definition of the scope of engineering services to be provided
- Assist in directing and coordinating the activities of the multi discipline engineering team and coordinating with sub consultants, if necessary
- Monitoring engineering, procurement and/or construction progress
- Chairing project meetings and ensuring that schedules are progressing
- Reviewing cost control forecasts (engineering costs as well as capital costs)
- Compiling construction contract packages, if necessary
- Managing documentation and data, and participating in quality assurance audits
Wood is currently recruiting for a Business Development Director, this is a role of significant accountability reporting to VP of Business Development for Europe & Africa (E&A) and working closely with the E&A leadership team. The Business Development Director working in conjunction with their regional and service line peers to ensure that there is a coherent road map and a pipeline for business growth and market positioning which aligns with the strategy plus business investment and growth opportunities. Europe & Africa is a multi-sector business providing full life cycle support to clients investments and assets enabling the wider Wood services.
This role leads continuous advancement and implementation of: strategy, business acquisition and market development for existing and emerging customers and sectors, and champions customer relationship management; strategic initiatives, marketing initiatives; innovation; and business analysis to inform effective decision-making. The role is a sector group “owner” of the opportunity identification, pursuit and acquisition processes.
As a member of the regional functional leadership team the role holder will contribute to the strategy and development functional objectives.
Wood currently has an exciting AccountsPayable opportunity available for a 12 month contract. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Processing payables documents, including staff expense reports, vendor invoices, independent/agency contractor invoices, inter-company invoices
- Ensuring timely processing of payables documents, considering payment terms and Wood fiscal periods, while validating / applying correct coding, verifying amounts claimed, ensuring compliance with agreements and corporate policies, and obtaining approvals
- Ad hoc monitoring of payments to vendors, contractors and staff
- Maintaining all related filing systems in a complete and orderly manner
- Other duties as assigned
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Project Administrator to join our team in Mississauga, ON.
- Maintaining/updating various project/administrative spreadsheets (keeping all records up to date)
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies in project finance reporting
- Assisting with month-end and year-end accounting cycles as they relate to Business Unit and project budgets
- Support to AP and AR team
- Maintaining the filing system
- Preparation (including word processing) of proposals, reports, presentations and other documents
- Photocopying/scanning documents
- Provision of support services to Project Managers/Coordinators/Managers, including: creation of EPIFs (setting up new jobs), contract administration, invoice review, variance clean-up, timesheet review/adjustment
- Coordinate and plan: travel, meetings, teleconferences, luncheons (including ordering lunches, preparation and cleanup of boardrooms)
- Operation of mail room functions / couriers
- Maintaining general office functions including ordering office supplies, liaison with suppliers, coordination of office equipment maintenance such as photocopier, assist with IT functions (e.g., routine server checks), and general housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
To support our growth, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking to fill a Junior or Intermediate Bridge Technologist position for our Calgary Infrastructure office. We will consider a range of candidates for these positions including recent graduates from a civil technology program or experienced Bridge Technologists familiar with local standards and contract specifications. As a Bridge Technologist located in our Calgary office you will provide technical support and inspection of bridges and culverts throughout Southern Alberta. Your primary focus will be the design, tender and construction inspection of standard bridges and culverts for several clients throughout the Calgary Region and Southern Alberta. Duties may also include project management and inspection on major bridges. You may also be required to provide project management or technical support to other projects from within our Water Resources and Community Infrastructure groups or other business units as required.
In the position you will be exposed to high quality mentoring and professional development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Your primary responsibility will be the construction inspection of standard bridges and culverts in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Alberta Transportation
- Communicating with our client representatives and client managers
- Coordinating the work of our other business units may also be required to deliver this work to the satisfaction of our client
- Supporting the preparation of engineering reports including site assessments, design, drafting, cost estimates and report development
- Providing technical support during the construction of standard bridges and culverts
- Technical support for the design and construction of major bridges may also be required and the level of involvement on major bridges will be dependent on the experience and technical qualifications of the successful candidate
- Coordinate and participate in bridge/culvert inspection or girder fabrication inspection
- Coordinate and supervise junior inspectors, survey crews, material inspectors & contractors
- Preparation of tender and contract documents
- Construction and post-construction supervision
- Completing Controls Engineering work to meet client requirements and specifications
- Preparing cost estimates and track project progress
- Originating Controls Engineering documents
- Ensuring all HSEQ requirements are met within the Controls discipline in accordance with Wood procedures and management systems
- Offshore travel on an as-needed basis to complete surveys
To support our growth, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking to fill Field Technician positions for our Calgary Infrastructure office. In this position you will provide field support to the construction of infrastructure projects within various municipalities in the Calgary and Southern Alberta Area. We will consider a range of candidates for these positions including recent graduates from a civil technology program or experienced construction inspectors familiar with local standards and contract specifications.
These positions may be seasonal or permanent, fulltime and will be dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and project requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Your primary responsibility will be inspection and project administration related to construction contracts for roadways and bridges for various clients including Municipal Districts and Counties, City of Calgary, Alberta Transportation and the Federal Government
- Working closely with our client representatives, client managers, project managers and construction contractors to resolve contractual disputes and non-conformance issues in order to successfully deliver construction contracts
- Supporting the preparation of construction specifications and development of tenders
- Document onsite construction activities relating to non-conformances, material, safety, and quality control, including the monitoring of asphalt, concrete, electrical, environmental, traffic, and grading construction items
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and environmental regulations
- Reporting of installed quantities and preparation of progress reports for contractor payment and change order work
- Maintaining project records, including quantity calculations, and other documentation as required by the construction contract
- Coordinating the work of our other business units may also be required to deliver this work to the satisfaction of our clients
- Duties may include supervising others assigned to your projects and supporting the interpretation and execution of preliminary and detailed engineering designs. You may also be required to support detailed and preliminary designs by completing design calculations, quantity estimates, and cost estimates
- Coordinate and supervise survey crews, material inspectors & contractors, and other subconsultants
To support Wood’s growth, we are currently seeking to fill an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer position for our Calgary office. The Geotechnical Engineer will play a key role in the Calgary geotechnical group. He/She will lead the development of new local business opportunities for the geotechnical group, mentor and participate in the development of the group, and continue to develop positive working relationships with other Wood offices.
Typical duties may include:
- Continue the ongoing development of our geotechnical team through supporting and encouraging technical upgrading and providing direction and mentorship on complex issues and field investigations
- Manage and/or review projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including allocation of budgets, personnel and resources, billing and client relationships
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved
- Lead and actively pursue new local business and project opportunities
- Maintain and develop client relations
- Maintain technical proficiency, including participation in professional practice groups and organizations
- Provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of training programs
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments and Wood offices, particularly the Calgary materials group, on project related work
- Other duties as assigned
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Planner to work in our St. John’s office on a large scale brownfield offshore oil and gas project (minimum 2 year duration). The planner will be a key member of our project team and must have considerable experience in planning brownfield heavy industrial projects. The Planner will be the focal point for developing, progressing and maintaining the project schedule for the FEED and Detailed Engineering (including procurement and fabrication) phases with potential to transition to Construction planning as the project progresses.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Deliver planning services in a safe, timely and cost effective manner, in line with contractual requirements, to the satisfaction of company and client.
- Maintains planning control structures in alignment with the approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Develops, updates and maintains the integrated project schedule, inclusive of engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction using Primavera software.
- Ensures alignment of schedule and other reporting tools / systems.
- Regularly measures, reports and analyses earned value and productivity.
- Leads schedule progress meetings, communicating statistics, near term activities, key priorities, areas of concern and potential recovery plans (if applicable).
- Analyzes and communicates schedule impacts of change notices.
- Monitors overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and project performance in relation to the baseline.
- Providing recommendations in order to facilitate strategic decisions and identifies critical path within the schedule.
- Develops schedule recovery plans as required to mitigate schedule slippage and risk.
Wood has an opportunity available for a Materials Management Coordinator at the Oakville office.This Position will require coordinating receiving activities and providing inventory services for all Contractor supplied equipment and materials delivered at the project site. The person in this role will need to have a good knowledge of construction materials and associated trucking as well as the general work flow of an ongoing project. They will need to maintain locations for all stored equipment and stored materials and maintain the permanent records for contract compliance and vendor and contract billing support. The position requires daily communication with site management, supplier dispatchers, and supplier trucking personnel. The right candidate should be able to interpret schedules, create daily and weekly schedules and have good project controls skills.
- Receive equipment and material, perform damage inspection, and ensure compliance with the purchase order requirements
- Complete receiving documentation including material receiving reports (MRR’s) and Overages, Shortages & Damaged (OS&D) reports
- File freight claims with carriers, update appropriate reports, and coordinate returns and replacements as necessary
- Organize and plan laydown and warehouse utilization
- Manage site storage of Contractor supplied materials and equipment laydown and warehouse areas
- Coordinate site storage space for subcontractor supplied materials and equipment laydown and warehouse areas
- Ensure proper protection and preventative maintenance of stored equipment per manufacturer’s requirements
- Coordinate with Construction on construction work planning and allocation of materials
- Issue equipment to subcontractors for installation
- Maintain and issue biweekly material status report to construction manager and project manager
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Project Controls Specialist to support our Process & Energy Group that performs construction projects for industrial clients. This position will provide project planning, scheduling, cost tracking, and project financial support for these projects.
Primary duties will be preparing and maintaining project schedules, tracking cost, performing earned value analysis, working with project managers to prepare estimate to complete, and other project controls related activities. Other duties may include assisting in the preparation and revision of corporate project controls and project management procedures.
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Developing WBS and project coding structures using Primavera software
- Developing and maintaining cost loaded schedules for both design and construction related projects
- Conduct project performance analysis using earned value techniques
- Support reporting requirements for invoice submittals and monthly status reports
- Maintain project budget and forecast spending plans
- Downloading and analyzing project expenditures, commitments, and invoicing data
- Provide proposal support to include schedules, reports, cost analysis, and other Primavera supporting functions
- Utilize in house proprietary project controls software and applications
Wood is looking for an experienced recruitment professional with a passion for great stakeholder engagement who knows how to deliver results while inspiring others around them.
As the next member of our team, you will have a direct impact on the talent we identify to join us during once of the most exciting times in Wood’s history. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be encouraged to excel. You’ll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you’ll feel proud to be part of the team.
As senior recruiter, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of niche corporate vacancies across the Eastern Hemisphere. The role will report into the Lead Advisor for Executive Search and will involve working closely with the senior leaders of the business.
You will have the opportunity to manage the end to end recruitment process of key roles with a direct contribution to the future growth of Wood, becoming a trusted advisor to hiring managers and business leaders.
Day to day you’ll be involved in:
- Vacancy and candidate management, talent planning, sourcing, engagement, screening, assessment and offers within appropriate cost and timescale expectations.
- Providing advice in specialist areas including offer analysis and guidance on external resourcing including market trends, availability of resources and attraction techniques.
- Proactively managing the interaction with hiring managers and the wider HR function to achieve successful outcomes.
- Leading by example and championing best practice to comply with all company and legislative data protection requirements, delivering an ethical and customer focused service
- Promoting the opportunities to join the team at Wood through your knowledge of the organisation, how the role fits into the organisation and by offering your own insight into life at Wood
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical CET to join our team in Winnipeg, MT.
- Assisting Geotechnical Project Engineers in various technical assignments including:
- All Aspects of Project Safety
- Underground Utility Locates
- Hand Augering
- Test Pitting
- Geotechnical Drilling using Various Techniques including:
- Solid Stem and Hollow Stem Augers
- Mud Rotary
- Coring, etc
- Cone Penetration Testing
- Soil Classification and Logging
- Instrumentation Installation including:
- Slope Inclinometers
- Piezometers (i.e. standpipes, pneumatic and vibrating wire types)
- Settlement Gauges, etc
- Gint Log Entry
- Data Analysis
- Report Preparation
- Construction Monitoring including:
- Instrumentation Monitoring
- Vibration and Noise Monitoring
- Subgrade Inspections and Reporting
- Pile Monitoring and Reporting
- Earthworks Monitoring and Compaction Control
- Assisting the Materials Group on various assignments including:
- Concrete Testing
- Compaction Testing
- Lab Work including:
- Sieve Analysis
- Cylinder Breaking
- CSA Calibrations
- Moisture Contents
- Unconfined Compression and Lab Vane Testing
- Cleaning/maintenance of the lab, lab equipment and vehicles
Wood in Calgary is looking to add a Mechanical Package Engineer to our Downstream & Chemicals team for four months.
- Complete mechanical engineering studies forOil Sands facilities
- Development of layouts for facilities
- Preparation of equipment sizing, and technical reports
- Compile RFQs, c/w specifications, scopes and data sheets
- Selection, specification and bid evaluation of mechanical equipment
- Vendor document review and approval
- Prepare mechanical calculations in accordance with the relevant Canadian and International Standards
- Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the industry
- Work in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Designer. Reporting to the Department Manager, Civil, Structural & Architectural, this position is located in our Saskatoon, SK office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Wood's Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
- Provide structural design, 3D modeling and drafting support for the construction or repair of industrial buildings, facilities and services
- Prepare drawings for structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and/or wood structures using AutoCAD and/or PDMS and/or Bentley ProStructures
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications
- Supervising, coordinating and working with project team members
Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Specialist with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Delivering cost services in a safe, timely and cost effective manner in line with contractual requirements to the satisfaction of clients and to Wood while ensuring all applicable processes and management systems are adhered to.
- Production of cost reports utilizing Oracle and other appropriate reporting tools.
- Analyzing cost data and responding to cost queries from internal and external customers, project engineers and project accounting personnel.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Intermediate Municipal Engineer to join our Municipal Infrastructure team in Calgary, AB. We are seeking a motivated candidate who combines strong technical skills with proven abilities in project management and business development. The successful candidate will have experience in a variety of urban infrastructure projects including, but not limited to, municipal utilities (storm and sanitary sewers, water distribution, water and wastewater treatment), utility master planning, asset management, roads and transportation, and will have demonstrated increasing levels of technical challenge and responsibility over their career.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment with the support of experienced senior and junior technical staff. Intermediate staff are expected to be self-starters with strong technical knowledge and familiarity with local municipal development processes. They must also support the growth of the business and support the development of younger staff. This will include project management and building client relationships. Suitable candidates will enjoy working in a team environment and bring strengths in oral and written communication.
- Provide technical knowledge and project management within a growing municipal engineering team
- Lead project execution on projects in water distribution, sanitary and storm sewers, reservoirs, pump stations and lift stations, site grading and drainage, municipal permitting and approvals
- Manage and deliver municipal engineering projects
- Direct small multidisciplinary teams through planning, design, and construction phases
- May participate in business development and lead key project pursuits
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, expressions of interest, and specifications to support projects or pursuits
- Perform Contract Administration tasks, including contractor interaction, progress payment certificates and leading site meetings
- Communicate and work with other project team members that may be located in other offices
- Provide financial and budget control on projects
Wood has a requirement for the following position:
Assistant Offshore Construction Lead
This position is a rotational position, 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off, and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide daily leadership and supervision to a team of offshore multi-discipline Fabric Maintenance (FM) personnel (e.g. Scaffolders, Painters, Insulators, Electricians, Pipefitters and Inspectors) in executing FM activities.
- Ensure FM activities are performed in a safe manner and in accordance to Client’s safe operating procedures and Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Liaise with Client and Specialist Vendors (Inspection) to ensure their planning, logistics and mobilization of personnel is in accordance with agreed plans.
- Work with onshore FM team to aid, as necessary, the development of detailed work packs for all planned FM, Passive Fire Protection (PFP) and Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) activities, as required.
- Responsible for performing QA/QC of FM activities to ensure quality checks are performed in accordance with Inspection and Test Plan (ITP).
- Ensure timely preparation, submission and prioritization of all FM work permits in accordance with Client’s PTW system.
- Attend daily planning / progress meetings.
- Daily coordination with onshore FM team.
- Issue a detailed weekly report to include any safety incidents, progress against plan and any concerns regarding the work.
- Assist the Offshore Construction Lead by representing Wood with respect to platform FM activities and to liaise with onshore management for same.